Thursday, October 23, 2008
I found a doctor:)
WOW! I never realized how blessed and spoiled I was to have a Christian doctor and one who really cared to be invested in what was going on in our lives. Until I had to start searching for a doctor out here in Manitoba for the pregnancy. I first started calling around and was told that it was very hard to get a doctor, so I decided to try and get a midwife since they are funded here in Manitoba AND can deliver in the hospital. Which seemed like a bonus to me! But I found that there is no midwife in our health region, and we are 4 miles from another region and because of that (and the high demand for them as well) they also wouldn't take me. So I started calling doctors...well, I found that only some doctors were taking pregnant patients and most of them would pass you off to another doctor to deliver, or you had to deliver in Winnipeg which is almost 45 minutes away. Luckily Dwayne's sister is a nurse and recommended a couple doctors she had previously worked with at a smaller hospital (closer to us) and one of them graciously took me during my pregnancy AND delivery but was very clear she would NOT be our family doctor. Anyway, one more thing accomplished and one less thing to worry about. My first appointment with her is Nov.13:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment