Well, yesterday Kaylee was 4 months old already! I can't believe how time continues to fly by! And it was also the day marking a year since my bike accident (when we found out I was pregnant). As these memories were heavy on our hearts and minds yesterday, we tried to take time to cherish the many blessings we share that it is easy to take forgranted and many people assume are their "right" - I am ALIVE and am fully recovered, and we have a precious daughter in our arms to treasure each and every day with. When I had my accident we were told that because of my brain injury, recovery would take a while and there was no guarentee about the extent. Praise the Lord we don't notice anything long term besides a couple little scars! And we were also told that there was a higher chance of a miscarrying the child (Kaylee) I was carrying because of the trauma my body had went through. Again, we praise God for preserving Kaylee's life - that is part of the reason we named her Kaylee Moriah...Kaylee means "pure, godly" and we pray that as she grows up she will seek to be pure and develop godly character as she is in relationship with her Creator. And Moriah means "God provides or God is my teacher" named after Mount Moriah in scripture where God provided a ram for Abraham to sacrifice. After many years and much sacrifice God did bless us with Kaylee, and we count to try to seek to hold her with open arms before our beloved Creator and Provider. She is not ours for the keeping, but we have been blessed with her for a time...and my life is not my own, but may it glorify my Giver of Life!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
4 months old...one year since my bike accident...
Well, yesterday Kaylee was 4 months old already! I can't believe how time continues to fly by! And it was also the day marking a year since my bike accident (when we found out I was pregnant). As these memories were heavy on our hearts and minds yesterday, we tried to take time to cherish the many blessings we share that it is easy to take forgranted and many people assume are their "right" - I am ALIVE and am fully recovered, and we have a precious daughter in our arms to treasure each and every day with. When I had my accident we were told that because of my brain injury, recovery would take a while and there was no guarentee about the extent. Praise the Lord we don't notice anything long term besides a couple little scars! And we were also told that there was a higher chance of a miscarrying the child (Kaylee) I was carrying because of the trauma my body had went through. Again, we praise God for preserving Kaylee's life - that is part of the reason we named her Kaylee Moriah...Kaylee means "pure, godly" and we pray that as she grows up she will seek to be pure and develop godly character as she is in relationship with her Creator. And Moriah means "God provides or God is my teacher" named after Mount Moriah in scripture where God provided a ram for Abraham to sacrifice. After many years and much sacrifice God did bless us with Kaylee, and we count to try to seek to hold her with open arms before our beloved Creator and Provider. She is not ours for the keeping, but we have been blessed with her for a time...and my life is not my own, but may it glorify my Giver of Life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yes and yes. Thank you God.
On that day that we heard the news of your accident we had to prepare in our hearts to give you up just as we had your brother in '85. We realized the gift you had been to us for the 28 years we had with you till that time. We were truly blessed! All God has done beyond that time is bonus and a true gift! You and Kaylee. Your complete recovery and a wonderful healthy granddaughter!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!
Good to hear an update :) And are you wearing your wedding dress in that picture? Awesome!
Yes, I can still fit my wedding dress:) And yes mom, I am grateful to God...continues to challenge me to live each moment well (easier said then done) because for some reason He chose to preserve my life and Kaylee's!
I still fit in my wedding dress too, but I just thought it was really fun that you were wearing it. Was it your anniversary or something special?
What a life changing past year you guys (and our family) have had. I'd like to think it's been an amazing year of growth, new challenges, and being reminded of how important family is. I agree with Mom... God is good.
Yes, it's unbelievable that Kaylee is already 4 months old! What a fun addition she's been to our family. :)
Post a Comment