Well, I added a bunch of pics on facebook so you can take a look there but I thought I would also put some up here. Our trip to Maui this last week was wonderful - it was the perfect way to celebrate Dwayne completing his grad school studies (after over 3 years of slugging away at that), special time together as a couple before baby arrives, and a good break before stepping into whatever is next (not sure yet about that...). For me, I feel I am beginning to now hit the "nesting" period where I am beginning to make all sorts of lists of things I want to get done before baby comes - guess I still have about 9 weeks though but time just seems to keep flying by! Anyway, back to our Maui trip - the resort room we stayed in had a kitchen and living room area which was really nice so the first day we got a bunch of groceries just so we could throw together some simple breakfasts and lunches if we didn't want to leave to go find food at a restaurant, and the resort was right by a golf course that was along the ocean so a 5 minute walk and we were there! The resort also was in walking distance to a shopping/restaurant area, and a quick shuttle took us to another town which had everything you wanted. So some of the things we ended up doing are: snorkelling (around the coral reef right by the resort and saw tons of colorful fish and a sea turtle)!, lots of relaxing and walking along the ocean, trying out different foods at restaurants (fresh fish, etc!), went to a Hawaiian luau, rented a convertible and did a bunch of driving around one evening and the next day to the other side of the island along the coastline (BEAUTIFUL - think they said that area had 54 bridges and most are one way!), went hiking up to a 400ft waterfall, and Dwayne went for some surfing lessons and went deep seafishing...oh, and I went for a Hawaiian massage - what a treat! So now it is back to adjusting to Manitoba winters and figuring out what comes next...
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Hawaii Trip
Well, I added a bunch of pics on facebook so you can take a look there but I thought I would also put some up here. Our trip to Maui this last week was wonderful - it was the perfect way to celebrate Dwayne completing his grad school studies (after over 3 years of slugging away at that), special time together as a couple before baby arrives, and a good break before stepping into whatever is next (not sure yet about that...). For me, I feel I am beginning to now hit the "nesting" period where I am beginning to make all sorts of lists of things I want to get done before baby comes - guess I still have about 9 weeks though but time just seems to keep flying by! Anyway, back to our Maui trip - the resort room we stayed in had a kitchen and living room area which was really nice so the first day we got a bunch of groceries just so we could throw together some simple breakfasts and lunches if we didn't want to leave to go find food at a restaurant, and the resort was right by a golf course that was along the ocean so a 5 minute walk and we were there! The resort also was in walking distance to a shopping/restaurant area, and a quick shuttle took us to another town which had everything you wanted. So some of the things we ended up doing are: snorkelling (around the coral reef right by the resort and saw tons of colorful fish and a sea turtle)!, lots of relaxing and walking along the ocean, trying out different foods at restaurants (fresh fish, etc!), went to a Hawaiian luau, rented a convertible and did a bunch of driving around one evening and the next day to the other side of the island along the coastline (BEAUTIFUL - think they said that area had 54 bridges and most are one way!), went hiking up to a 400ft waterfall, and Dwayne went for some surfing lessons and went deep seafishing...oh, and I went for a Hawaiian massage - what a treat! So now it is back to adjusting to Manitoba winters and figuring out what comes next...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like an awesome trip! Is there anything you are still needing for your little one? I have so much stuff sitting around here, I'd be happy to offer you something if you need it!
I'm so glad you could do this trip! It sounds/looks wonderful. You'll be able to tell baby Koop about his first "vacation" while he was still in mommy's tummy (-:
miss you, Pam
NICE! So glad you had a great time! I suggest you let that nesting urge work for you now, I always pushed it off as too early, then as it got closer, I was too tired to put full effort into getting everything done! =)
Thanks Cori:) I am trying to stay motivated and use the energy while I can...others have told me that too that you just start slowing down! Hope you are doing well these days:)
Oh Stacey, you I know you are trying to start up selling things, do you have a list of what you are selling and prices, etc or pics of stuff? Thanks:)
Post a Comment