Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Only 22 more days...if baby decides to come on time!


Well...didn't get a picture up for week 36 so here is one at the start of week 37! So according to my "due date" I have 3 weeks and 1 day, or 22 more days ONLY...YIKES. Let's just say the reality has been sinking in more and more for Dwayne and I! I definitely have been feeling a strongly broad range of emotions - excited to meet this little one and for the beauty of life after all we have walked through in the past years, not that excited about the whole labor/delivery part knowing that I will not in the best state and Dwayne will have to deal with me (again in a hospital setting which brings back memories of past ones), and that our/my life will change so much - we have treasured our time learning and growing as a couple, and I am sure will continue to as parents but it will be different I am sure; and we loved working side-by-side with the Explore program as partners but this will be a new phase of life in which I can't commit in the same way to various things because my time and energy with have a very different focus - again, not that that is bad just lots of transitioning with a flood of emotions...not even sure what I should hope and dream for right now! But already this pregnancy time has been wonderful - I have felt good during most of it, baby has been active and everything looks good so far, Dwayne has been so supportive, and we have had time together to dream and talk during the months he was at home finishing his final grad school paper, and in this time as he has been doing renos on the house we are living in and doing rental renos for his dad. I really believe this has been a good and necessary "downtime" for us as a couple after coming out of years of intense, yet VERY enjoyable ministry with the Explore program AND before our baby joins us in person:)

2 comments:

Tara said...

YIKES is right Pam! Can't believe it's getting so close. You look great! :)

Anonymous said...

Pam...I have no doubt you & Dwayne will make wonderful parents for that little one!
Please don't forget to post when the exciting day arrives :)